Easy wins again! I’m on day 6 of an 8 day work week, so that means two things: I’m tired and I’m hungry. Quick skillet pasta dishes like this Creamy Tomato and Spinach Pasta are perfect for such an occasion. They require only a few ingredients, cook up super fast, and leave me feeling full and happy! 🙂
- 1/2 lb penne pasta
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- freshly cracked pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 9 oz. bag fresh spinach
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender (7-10) minutes. Drain the pasta in a colander.
- While waiting for the pasta to cook, dice the onion and mince the garlic. Cook both in a large skillet with the olive oil over medium-low heat until softened and transparent (about 5 minutes).
- Add the diced tomatoes (with juices), oregano, basil, red pepper flakes, salt, and some freshly cracked pepper to the skillet with the onions and garlic. Stir to combine. Add the tomato paste and a 1/2 cup of water to the skillet and stir until the tomato paste is dissolved into the sauce.