A creamy spicy sun dried tomato sauce that’s simple and quick to make. Uses simple ingredients which makes it perfect for a weeknight dinner. Vegan and gluten free when using your favourite gluten…
- 250g uncooked penne pasta
- 1 tbsp + 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 to 5 garlic gloves, minced (2 tbsp)
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornflour*
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp salt + pepper to taste
- 1/2 + 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes (jarred in oil, with garlic and herbs included), drained from any oil
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tsp chilli flakes, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 to 3 big handfuls of rocket or baby spinach
- Cook your pasta according to the package instructions, but leave the pasta just slightly undercooked. Set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil into a large frying pan over medium to high heat. When hot, add garlic and cook for 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Mix in cornflour and cook for a further minute. Add 1/2 tsp of salt and 1 cup of almond milk, making sure that the mixture is smooth besides the garlic. When it has thickened, add the remaining cup of almond milk. When it has thickened slightly (it will thicken further when blended), pour this into a blender.
- Add 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, nutritional yeast and 1/3 cup water to the blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.