Easy Cream Puff Recipe
This easy cream puff recipe is a classic French dessert that is sure to impress. It is made with a light and airy choux pastry that is filled with a creamy custard and topped with a dusting of powdered sugar. This recipe is simple to make and can be served as a dessert or snack.
– 1 cup water
– 1/2 cup butter
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– 4 eggs
– 1/2 cup heavy cream
– 1/2 cup milk
– 1/4 cup sugar
– 2 tablespoons cornstarch
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– Powdered sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. In a medium saucepan, bring water, butter, and salt to a boil.
3. Add flour and stir vigorously until mixture forms a ball.
4. Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
5. Add eggs, one at a time, stirring until each egg is fully incorporated.
6. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
7. Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
8. In a medium saucepan, combine cream, milk, sugar, cornstarch, and vanilla extract.
9. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
10. Remove from heat and let cool.
11. Cut cream puffs in half and fill with custard.
12. Dust with powdered sugar and serve.
– Calories: 200
– Fat: 12g
– Carbohydrates: 18g
– Protein: 4g
– Sodium: 150mg