North Indian Malai Kofta
Malai Kofta is a popular North Indian dish made with fried dumplings of mashed potatoes and paneer, served in a creamy, spiced tomato-based gravy. This dish is sure to be a hit with your family and friends!
* 2 large potatoes
* 1/2 cup grated paneer
* 2 tablespoons cornstarch
* 1 teaspoon garam masala
* 1 teaspoon cumin powder
* 1 teaspoon coriander powder
* 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
* 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
* 1/2 teaspoon amchur powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
* 2 tablespoons chopped mint
* 2 tablespoons chopped ginger
* 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
* 2 tablespoons oil
* 2 tablespoons ghee
* 2 tablespoons cashew paste
* 2 tablespoons cream
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 2 tablespoons tomato paste
* 2 cups water
1. Boil the potatoes in a pot of salted water until they are tender.
2. Drain the potatoes and mash them in a bowl.
3. Add the grated paneer, cornstarch, garam masala, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, amchur powder, salt, cilantro, mint, ginger, and garlic to the mashed potatoes and mix until everything is well combined.
4. Form the mixture into small balls and set aside.
5. Heat the oil and ghee in a large skillet over medium heat.
6. Add the kofta balls to the skillet and fry until they are golden brown.
7. Remove the kofta balls from the skillet and set aside.
8. In the same skillet, add the cashew paste, cream, butter, tomato paste, and water.
9. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to low.
10. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
11. Add the fried kofta balls to the gravy and simmer for another 5 minutes.
12. Serve the Malai Kofta with steamed rice or naan.
* Calories: 456
* Fat: 24g
* Carbohydrates: 44g
* Protein: 12g
* Sodium: 590mg