Creamy Coconut Chicken Curry – Instant Pot Style
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 large onion, diced
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 tablespoons curry powder
– 1 teaspoon ground cumin
– 1 teaspoon ground coriander
– 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
– 1 teaspoon ground ginger
– 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
– 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
– 1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk
– 1 cup chicken broth
– 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
– 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
– 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
– 1/2 cup frozen peas
– 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
– Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Set the Instant Pot to the sauté setting. Add the olive oil and onion and cook until the onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the garlic, curry powder, cumin, coriander, turmeric, ginger, cardamom, and cayenne pepper and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add the coconut milk, chicken broth, chicken, sweet potato, and bell pepper and stir to combine.
4. Secure the lid and set the Instant Pot to the manual setting. Cook for 10 minutes.
5. When the cooking time is complete, quick release the pressure.
6. Add the peas and cilantro and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
7. Serve the curry over cooked rice or quinoa. Enjoy!