Cream of Mushroom Soup
This creamy and comforting soup is a classic favorite. It’s easy to make and can be served as a starter or a main course. The combination of mushrooms, cream, and herbs creates a delicious flavor that will have your family asking for seconds. Plus, it’s packed with nutrition, making it a great choice for a healthy meal.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until they are softened and lightly browned, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Slowly add the vegetable broth, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and thyme and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot.
Serving size: 1 cup