Baked Potato Soup – The Cozy Cook
This Baked Potato Soup is a creamy and comforting soup that is perfect for a cold winter night. It is made with potatoes, bacon, cheese, and a few other simple ingredients. The soup is easy to make and can be ready in about an hour.
– 4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
– 4 slices of bacon, diced
– 1 onion, diced
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 4 cups of chicken broth
– 1/2 cup of heavy cream
– 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
– 2 tablespoons of butter
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Place the cubed potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
3. In a large pot, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp.
4. Add the onion and garlic and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
5. Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
6. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
7. Add the cooked potatoes, cream, and cheese and stir until cheese is melted.
8. Add the butter and season with salt and pepper to taste.
9. Simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
10. Serve warm and enjoy!
– Calories: 300
– Fat: 16g
– Carbohydrates: 28g
– Protein: 11g
– Sodium: 890mg