Crockpot Whole Chicken
This Crockpot Whole Chicken is a delicious and easy way to make a flavorful meal. The slow cooker does all the work, so you can enjoy a delicious dinner with minimal effort. The chicken is cooked in a flavorful broth with herbs and vegetables, and the result is a tender and juicy chicken that is sure to please.
- 1 whole chicken (3-4 pounds)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- In a small bowl, mix together the thyme, rosemary, oregano, paprika, salt, and pepper. Rub the mixture all over the chicken.
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker. Add the onion, garlic, chicken broth, carrots, and celery.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and let rest for 10 minutes before carving.
- Serve with the vegetables and broth.
Serving size: 1/4 of the chicken