Coconut Milk Braised Chicken
This Coconut Milk Braised Chicken is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that is sure to please. The combination of coconut milk, garlic, and ginger creates a flavorful and fragrant sauce that pairs perfectly with the chicken. The dish is also low in calories and high in protein, making it a great option for a healthy meal.
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 onion, diced
– 4 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
– 1 teaspoon ground cumin
– 1 teaspoon ground coriander
– 1 teaspoon turmeric
– 1 teaspoon paprika
– 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
– 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
– 1 can (14 ounces) coconut milk
– 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the ginger, cumin, coriander, turmeric, paprika, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper and cook for 1 minute.
4. Add the chicken and cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
5. Pour in the coconut milk and bring to a simmer.
6. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
7. Stir in the cilantro and serve.
– Calories: 437
– Fat: 28g
– Carbohydrates: 8g
– Protein: 37g
– Sodium: 545mg