This decadent dairy-free coconut chocolate chip oatmeal cake is perfect for dessert or for a special brunch! Top it with an optional coconut butter glaze or frosting!
This is one of the few cakes on my site calling for a gluten-free flour mix (I have tested this cake using both King Arthur Gluten Free Flour and Pillsbury Gluten Free Flour and am fairly certain any brand will work), however if you’d prefer to stick to individual paleo-friendly flours, try my coconut tres leches instead.
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 8 tablespoons ghee or butter or coconut oil*
- 1 can condensed coconut milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten-free all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips plus extra to top
- Coconut butter or frosting, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add the oats, ghee/coconut oil and boiling water to a large bowl and let this sit for 5 minutes.
- Then add condensed coconut milk, eggs and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Pour the flour, baking soda and salt into the bowl and mix well.
- Finally, stir the coconut flakes and chocolate chips into the bowl, mix well, and pour the whole mixture into a well-greased 7×11 pan/glass dish.
- Sprinkle the top of the cake with more chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake for 1 hour, making sure to cover the cake with foil at the 30 minute mark to prevent the top from getting too brown. You will know the cake is done once the middle is set.
- You can top the cake with a coconut butter drizzle by melting a few tablespoons of coconut butter in a small saucepan, then drizzling it on top of the cake. Or you can use frosting!
Read More Recipes klik myheartbeets.com