Chocolate Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries are filled with a lightly sweetened no-bake cheesecake filling, flavored with cocoa powder. It’s fresh, fruity, and light. A delicious dessert using fresh summer strawberries.Five years ago I made these Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries for the first time. Juicy strawberries stuffed with lightly sweetened vanilla cream cheese piped into the center. I topped mine with blueberries to make a patriotic (red, white, and blue) dessert.
CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE STUFFED STRAWBERRIES
It’s only fitting (and way overdue) that I created a chocolate variation. These are the same cheesecake stuffed strawberries, flavored with cocoa powder to make them chocolatey. Top them with mini chocolate chips for extra decadence.They’re an easy and delicious dessert for those summer strawberries. Chocolate cheesecake stuffed strawberries are a great alternative to chocolate dipped strawberries for Valentine’s Day or Mother’s Day.
BIG OR SMALL STRAWBERRIES?
When making cheesecake stuffed strawberries, you can use big or small strawberries. I find it easier to fill small/medium strawberries, or to make them “deviled egg” style for larger strawberries.If you have large strawberries and make them “deviled egg” style, you will most likely need to double the filling because you will use more than you would have filling them.
HOW TO MAKE STUFFED STRAWBERRIES
To make stuffed strawberries, you will want to pick firm, ripe strawberries. Rinse and dry the strawberries thoroughly. You can use a salad spinner, towel, or both.The less moisture on the outside, the longer the stuffed strawberries will last.
- Cut the stems from the strawberries so the strawberries can sit cut-side down. Then cut a deep “X” from the tip down, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Gently open up each strawberry and pipe the filling inside using a pastry bag and a star piping tip (Wilton 2D or 1M).
- Don’t have a pastry bag or piping tip? Just cut off the corner of a zip-top bag and squeeze the filling in that way.
CAN YOU MAKE THESE STUFFED STRAWBERRIES AHEAD OF TIME?
These chocolate cheesecake stuffed strawberries are best eaten the same day they are made.You can make them up to 1 day ahead of time if you dry them well before filling them, and use FIRM strawberries. Soft, over-ripe strawberries are more likely to leak onto the plate after being cut and filled.Store stuffed strawberries lightly covered, or in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to eat. They will last up to 3 days for firm berries.
MORE FRESH STRAWBERRY RECIPES:
- Strawberry Cream Pie – is light, fruity, and delicious. With layers of pie crust, no-bake cheesecake, and slices of fresh strawberries smothered in a sweet glaze.
- Strawberry Crisp – (aka Strawberry Crumble) – Fresh, juicy strawberries are topped with a buttery brown sugar and oat crumb topping. Enjoy this summer dessert warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top!
- Strawberry Cheesecake Salad – is loaded with cream cheese, jello pudding, yogurt, fresh strawberries, and whipped topping then sprinkled with a graham cracker crust. It’s a delicious potluck salad, fluff salad, or decadent fruit salad that doubles as a dessert.
- 24 + medium fresh, firm strawberries (1 1/2 – 2 lbs, depends on how much you fill them)
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- mini chocolate chips, for garnish (optional)
- Rinse, drain and dry strawberries. Use a salad spinner, towel or both to remove all excess water.
- Cut the stems from the strawberries, so the strawberries can sit cut-side down.
- Cut a deep “X” from the tip down, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and vanilla in a bowl with a hand mixer until nice and fluffy.
- Gently open up each strawberry and pipe the filling inside using a pastry bag and a star piping tip (Wilton 2D or 1M). Don’t have a pastry bag or piping tip? Just cut off the corner of a zip-top bag and squeeze the cheesecake filling inside the strawberries that way.
- Top each filled strawberry with mini chocolate chips, as desired. These are best served after the strawberries have been chilled for at least an hour.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days depending on how firm/soft the strawberries are. The firmer the berry, the longer they last.
- For large strawberries, alternately slice strawberries in half and serve them “deviled egg” style. Be sure to double the filling if preparing the strawberries this way.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Subscribe via Email
get new recipes free via email: