Chicken Katsu is a popular Japanese dish consisting of a breaded, deep-fried chicken cutlet. It is served with a sweet and savory sauce and is often accompanied by shredded cabbage. This recipe is easy to make and is sure to be a hit with the whole family.
– 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– 2 eggs
– 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon onion powder
– 1 teaspoon paprika
– Salt and pepper, to taste
– Vegetable oil, for frying
– Sweet and savory sauce, for serving
– Shredded cabbage, for serving
1. Place the chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound with a meat mallet until they are about 1/4-inch thick.
2. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
3. In a separate shallow bowl, beat the eggs.
4. In a third shallow bowl, combine the panko breadcrumbs.
5. Dip the chicken breasts in the flour mixture, then the egg mixture, and then the panko breadcrumbs.
6. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
7. Fry the chicken breasts in the hot oil for about 3 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
8. Serve the chicken katsu with sweet and savory sauce and shredded cabbage.
– Calories: 463
– Fat: 16g
– Carbohydrates: 37g
– Protein: 37g
– Sodium: 545mg