Char Siu Chicken
This Char Siu Chicken is a classic Chinese dish that is sweet, savory, and full of flavor. It is a great dish to make for a family dinner or to bring to a potluck. The marinade is made with hoisin sauce, soy sauce, honey, and Chinese five-spice powder, and the chicken is cooked until it is tender and juicy.
– 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
– 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
– 2 tablespoons soy sauce
– 2 tablespoons honey
– 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. In a large bowl, combine the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, honey, Chinese five-spice powder, garlic, and vegetable oil.
2. Add the chicken thighs to the marinade and mix until the chicken is evenly coated.
3. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
4. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
5. Place the chicken thighs on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
7. Serve the Char Siu Chicken with steamed rice and your favorite vegetables.
– Calories: 437
– Fat: 24g
– Carbohydrates: 11g
– Protein: 44g
– Sodium: 890mg