Butter Chicken – Savory Tooth
Butter chicken is a classic Indian dish that is creamy, flavorful, and easy to make. This version of butter chicken is made with a rich tomato-based sauce and is perfect for a weeknight dinner. It’s also a great way to use up leftover chicken. Serve it with basmati rice or naan for a complete meal.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garam masala, cumin, coriander, paprika, turmeric, ginger, and cayenne pepper and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the diced tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream and butter and stir until combined. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked chicken and stir to combine. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve with basmati rice or naan.
Serving size: 1/4 of recipe (about 1 cup)