Normal & Cheap Meal Ideas When You Are Broke
When you are on a tight budget, it can be difficult to come up with meal ideas that are both normal and cheap. This recipe is a great option for those times when you need to make a meal that is both tasty and affordable. It is a simple dish that can be made with ingredients that are easy to find and inexpensive.
* 2 cups of cooked white rice
* 1 can of black beans
* 1/2 cup of diced tomatoes
* 1/2 cup of diced onions
* 1/2 cup of diced bell peppers
* 1/4 cup of olive oil
* 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
* 1 teaspoon of cumin
* Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add the diced onions, bell peppers, and garlic powder to the skillet and cook until the vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the diced tomatoes and black beans to the skillet and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
4. Add the cooked white rice to the skillet and stir to combine.
5. Add the cumin, salt, and pepper to the skillet and stir to combine.
6. Cook for an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Serve and enjoy!
* Calories: 456
* Fat: 14g
* Carbohydrates: 68g
* Protein: 13g