- 6 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded cheese*
- ¼ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cups broccoli florets
- homemade pie crust or store-bought
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together all of the filling ingredients except for the broccoli, fold that in last.
- Pour the filling into a pie crust and place the quiche in the oven on the middle rack.
- Bake for 40 – 50 minutes, or until the filling is set. Be sure to check on the quiche at the halfway mark and cover with foil if necessary to prevent the crust from burning.
- Allow the quiche to cool slightly, sprinkle with a bit more salt and pepper, and serve warm.
- I’ve made many times using both pre-shredded cheese and freshly grated… I do prefer freshly grated but it’ll be great either way. If you’d like a cheese recommendation, I love Kerrygold grassfed cheddar. You can find it at most Costco stores for a great price.
- For an easy variation, try a different type of cheese. You can use feta or pepper jack or goat cheese or whatever cheese your heart desires. Except for blue cheese. Maybe don’t use that.
Read More Recipes klik Source link