Channeling the flavors of some of some of my favorite restaurant salads, this tasty Blueberry Broccoli Spinach Salad with Poppyseed Ranch is the perfect blend of savory sweetness!
- 4 oz fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/2 a ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2-4 TBSP dried cranberries
- 2-4 TBSP roasted sunflower seeds (I used unsalted)
- black pepper to taste (optional)
POPPY SEED RANCH DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup of plain greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1/4 cup of buttermilk extra if desired
- 1/4 cup good quality mayonnaise homemade or store bought
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice or white vinegar
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8-1/4 tsp garlic powder to taste
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Start with the dressing (skip if using premade)
- Ranch dressing always tastes it’s absolute best made ahead of time. Whisk and chill for a few hours before serving or make things simple by tossing it together the night before.
- Peel 1 clove of garlic, then smash and mince it into a paste.
- Season with salt.
- Combine salted garlic paste with remaining dressing ingredients and whisk well.
- Pop in the fridge to chill for a few hours for flavors to set.
- Wash + dry spinach.
- Combine with broccoli, blueberries, dried cranberries, avocado, feta cheese, and sunflower seeds.
- Toss with dressing and serve.
- Season with black pepper, to taste.
- This dressing works with both fresh and dried herbs, so absolutely use what fresh herbs you have on hand. I’ll include measurements for dried, which are a little stronger in flavor, so when using fresh you’ll simply increase the amount to taste. Enjoy!
- Making more dressing for later? Typical food safety rule of thumb is that homemade dressings will keep in the fridge for 4 days.
- Nutrition facts below are an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. Values calculated for the salad pre-dressing. Add dressing to taste and adjust as needed.