Blueberry Upside Down Cake
This Blueberry Upside Down Cake is a delicious and easy-to-make dessert that is sure to please. The sweet blueberries and buttery brown sugar topping make this cake a real treat.
* 1/2 cup butter
* 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
* 2 cups fresh blueberries
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 egg
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Grease an 8-inch round cake pan.
3. Melt butter in the cake pan.
4. Sprinkle brown sugar over the melted butter.
5. Arrange blueberries over the brown sugar.
6. In a medium bowl, mix together the white sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, egg, and vanilla extract.
7. Gradually stir in the flour until just blended.
8. Spread the batter over the blueberries.
9. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
10. Let cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a plate.
* Calories: 250
* Fat: 11g
* Sodium: 200mg
* Carbohydrates: 36g
* Protein: 3g