BBQ Chicken Tostadas are a simple meal the family will love, especially on busy nights. Pick up a rotisserie chicken from the store, use up leftovers, or even make a new batch in your slow cooker. Then just grab some barbecue sauce, cheese, and tortillas or tostada shells for a meal the family will love that comes together in minutes. This easy BBQ chicken tostada recipe is one of the best quick and easy dinner recipes for busy nights. Also, since you use corn tortillas, these barbecue chicken tostadas are also gluten free.
- 8 tostada shells or 8 corn tortillas, brushed lightly with olive oil and baked for 3-5 minutes per side, until crispy
- 3 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 1 1/2 cups of your favorite barbecue sauce, divided
- 2 cups shredded cheese (Mary uses mozzarella in the cookbook, but I have also used cheddar, Monterey Jack, or a blend)
- 3 green onions, very thinly sliced (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Lay out the tostada shells (or baked tortillas) on two rimmed baking sheets.
- Combine the chicken and 1 cup of the barbecue sauce in a small bowl, and stir to coat.
- Divide the chicken between the tostada shells and top with the cheese (about ¼ cup on each).