Baked Chicken Katsu Recipe | Pickled Plum
This Baked Chicken Katsu Recipe is a delicious and healthy alternative to the traditional fried version. It is a great way to enjoy the classic Japanese dish without all the added fat and calories. The chicken is coated in a crunchy panko breadcrumb mixture and then baked until golden and crispy. The result is a flavorful and juicy chicken katsu that is sure to please.
– 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
– 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
– 2 eggs, beaten
– 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon onion powder
– 1 teaspoon paprika
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Cut chicken breasts into 1/2-inch thick slices.
3. Place the flour, eggs, and panko breadcrumbs in three separate shallow dishes.
4. In a small bowl, mix together the garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
5. Dip each chicken slice into the flour, then the egg, and then the panko breadcrumbs. Make sure each slice is evenly coated.
6. Place the chicken slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
7. Drizzle the olive oil over the chicken slices and sprinkle with the seasoning mixture.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and golden brown.
9. Serve with pickled plum and enjoy!
– Calories: 250
– Fat: 8g
– Carbohydrates: 19g
– Protein: 24g
– Sodium: 400mg