The Best Back to School Dinners
The start of the school year can be a busy time for families, so having a few easy and nutritious dinner recipes on hand can be a lifesaver. This recipe for the Best Back to School Dinners is sure to please the whole family. It’s a delicious combination of protein, vegetables, and carbohydrates that will provide plenty of energy for the day ahead.
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 onion, diced
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 pound ground beef
* 1 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1 teaspoon dried basil
* 1 teaspoon dried thyme
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
* 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
* 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
* 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
* 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the ground beef and cook until it is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the oregano, basil, thyme, salt, and pepper and stir to combine.
5. Add the diced tomatoes, black beans, and corn and stir to combine.
6. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, cook the rice according to package instructions.
8. Serve the beef and vegetable mixture over the cooked rice.
* Calories: 437
* Fat: 14g
* Carbohydrates: 51g
* Protein: 24g
* Fiber: 8g