11 healthy cold vegan lunches! These easy clean eating lunch ideas are great for the office and can also be taken on the go! Some of these are salads, some bowls and we’ve got some wraps and pitas. 10 of these healthy lunch ideas are vegan, one of them uses eggs and is vegetarian!
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 8 ounces fresh cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 5 ounces fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 large ripe avocados, pit removed and chopped
- 1/4 of 1 bunch fresh cilantro, optional and to taste
- 1/3 cup Feta Cheese, optional and to taste
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, do not use regular mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon (2-3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice)
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions. Fluff and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, prep the dressing. Whisk the red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, oregano, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste), and 1/4 teaspoon pepper (or to taste) together in a small bowl. Slowly add in the olive oil into the vinegar mixture while whisking briskly. Whisk in the lemon juice. Pour into a jar and store in the fridge while prepping the vegetables.
- Prep the veggies: Halve the cherry tomatoes, chop the cucumber (peel if desired, we leave the peel on), finely chop a quarter of a red onion, roughly chop fresh spinach, remove the pits and chop the avocados. Finely chop the cilantro if desired.
- In a large bowl, add in all the prepped veggies and quinoa. Remove the dressing from the fridge and shake it well and then pour over the salad*. Toss the salad and then top with feta cheese if desired.
- Enjoy immediately.