This delicious Copycat Oriental Chicken Salad from Applebees is made with breaded chicken, cabbage, romaine, sliced almonds, cucumber, and crunchy chow mein, tossed in a flavorful asian dressing!
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp sesame oil
- 2 chicken breast
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup panko
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 cups vegetable oil for frying
- 3 cups romaine lettuce chopped
- 1/2 cup red cabbage chopped
- 1/2 cup napa cabbage chopped
- 1 carrot shredded
- 1/4 cup cucumber chopped
- 3 tbsp sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup dry chow mein
- Blend together all dressing ingredients and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a large saucepan preheat oil over medium-high heat.
- While that is warming up, cut your chicken breast into several long thin strips. Set aside.
- Beat egg and milk together in a small bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, panko, salt and pepper. Dip the strips in the egg mixture, and then into the flour, coating completely.
- When oil is hot, carefully add chicken strips and fry for 3-4 minutes or until cooked through or golden brown. Set on a paper towel to cool. Once cool, cut into bite size pieces.
- To prepare your salad, combine the romaine, red cabbage, napa cabbage, carrots and cucumber. Add chopped chicken pieces and sprinkle with almonds and chow mein. Top with delicious honey oriental dressing and enjoy!