Ingredients of Christmas Cake
- You need of Orange juice/mixed fruit juice-1/4cup(here I used orange juice)(For soaking).
- You need of Golden raisins-1tbsp(For soaking).
- It’s of Dates-2tbsp(For soaking).
- You need of Tutti Frutti-4tbsp(For soaking).
- It’s of Milk-1/2cup(For Buttermilk).
- Prepare of Vinegar-1tsp(For Buttermilk).
- You need of Sugar-3tbsp(Caramel syrup).
- It’s of Water-1tbsp(Caramel syrup).
- Prepare of Water-4tbsp(later used in Caramel syrup).
- Prepare of Sugar-1/4 cup(Add to the caramel syrup+soaked dry fruits).
- You need of All-purpose flour-1cup(Sieve this dry mixture).
- You need of Baking powder-1tsp(Sieve this dry mixture).
- It’s of Baking Soda-1/2TSP(Sieve this dry mixture).
- You need of Milk powder-2tbsp(Sieve this dry mixture).
- You need of Mixed nuts-1/4cup(Add to the final mixture).
- It’s of Butter/oil-1/4cup(Add to the final mixture).
- It’s of vanilla essence-1tsp(Add to the final mixture).
Christmas Cake step by step
- Take orange juice/mixed fruit juice. Soak the raisins, dates & tutti fruitti in it for 1 hour..
- Mix the milk with vinegar and keep the prepared buttermilk aside..
- Put a pan on medium heat. Add sugar and water and cook this mixture till caramelized. once caramelized add the extra quantity of water to the caramelized syrup. Now the caramel syrup is ready. Keep it aside to cool down. Once cooled down, add this caramel syrup to the soaked dry fruits. To this add the sugar. Mix it well..
- On the above mixture sieve the dry ingredients flour, baking powder, baking soda & milk powder and mix it properly by cut and fold method. To this add the prepared buttermilk slowly to mix it properly. To this mixture add mixed nuts, butter/oil and vanilla essence and mix well..
- Then pour the mixture into a greased mould with the parchment paper and tap once and bake in a preheated oven of 180 degree Celsius for 45 to 55 mins or till the toothpick comes out clean. Once done let it rest to get it completely cooled down. Then you can cut and serve it..