Easy Tamale Pie. Our simple tamale pie is the perfect way to spice up taco night for fall! Simply cook the beef filling, then finish off your easy tamale pie with cornbread topping and bake. An easy tamale pie recipe made with cornbread mix.
Ingredients of Easy Tamale Pie
- You need of Filling.
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 of onion diced.
- Prepare 1-2 of jalapeños (or as many as you like).
- You need 2 (15 oz) of cans of pinto or black beans.
- It’s 1 can (28 oz) of crushed tomatoes.
- It’s of Topping.
- Prepare 1 box of Jiffy cornbread mix.
- It’s 1 (14 oz) of can creamed corn.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
I LOVE tamales but I don't love the time it takes to make them. Loaded with the mouthwatering combination of beef, cornbread, salsa. Pork Tamale Pie has the same flavor and ingredients as a steamed tamale without the hours of stuffing and rolling the corn husks. This starts with Masa Harina and contains no cornbread topping.
Easy Tamale Pie step by step
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a cast iron skillet brown the beef, then drain..
- Add the onions and jalapeños to the beef and cook for 1 minute. Then remove from heat..
- Combine the beans and tomatoes with the beef and onions..
- In a mixing bowl mix the 1st 3 ingredients for the topping..
- Add the cornbread mixture on top of the beef mixture..
- Add cheese and bake for approximately 25 minutes or until golden brown..
Tamale pie is a classic American comfort food! Top seasoned ground beef with cheddar cheese and Tamale pie is not remotely Mexican and only somewhat resembles the flavor of real tamales. All the elements of a tamale in a fraction of the time. No filling and rolling needed with this Instant Pot Tamale Pie! Easy, fast, and dare I say, even more delicious than my favorite tamales.