17 Sweet and Tangy Lemon Treats That Will Make You Feel Rich
Lemon Meringue Pie
-1 9-inch pre-made pie crust
-3/4 cup granulated sugar
-3 tablespoons cornstarch
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-1 1/2 cups cold water
-3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
-2 tablespoons butter
-2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
-1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
-3 egg whites
-1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
-6 tablespoons granulated sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Gradually stir in the cold water. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Boil for 1 minute.
3. Remove from heat and stir a small amount of the hot mixture into the egg yolks. Return the egg yolk mixture to the saucepan and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
4. Remove from heat and stir in the butter, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Pour into the pre-made pie crust.
5. To make the meringue, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Gradually add the sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Spread the meringue over the top of the pie.
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the meringue is golden brown. Cool before serving. Enjoy!