Super easy Tomato Tortellini Soup that’s ready in only 15 minutes! Such a lifesaver during those busy weeknights and holiday time!
- 1 carton (32 ounce) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 package (9-ounce) refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
- 1 heaping cup cherry tomatoes , sliced in half
- 1/3 cup good quality sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- red pepper flakes , optional
- chopped fresh parsley
- In a medium pot, bring the chicken broth to a boil.
- Add in the tortellini; reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 7 minutes until pasta is almost tender. Add in tomatoes and continue to cook for another 1-2 minutes until tomatoes have softened. Stir in the pesto and cream. Taste and adjust with a little bit of salt and pepper, if necessary. And a pinch of cracked red pepper flakes for a little kick, if desired.