BBQ jackfruit sandwich with pineapple slaw. Doused in a homemade sauce, slow-cooked until tender, and served on rolls with an avocado and pineapple slaw, BBQ jackfruit is the ultimate vegan recipe that would turn even the biggest meat lover into a convert. So, what does jackfruit taste like? The tropical superfruit is like a banana-mango-pear.
Ingredients of BBQ jackfruit sandwich with pineapple slaw
- Prepare of BBQ Jackfruit.
- You need 1 TBSP of olive oil or any neutral oil.
- It’s 1 (14 oz) of can Jackfruit.
- You need 1 TBSP of tomato paste.
- You need 1 TBSP of water.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Apple cider vinegar or white vinegar.
- You need pinch of garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika and salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of maple syrup (if you like it sweet).
- You need of Pineapple Slaw.
- You need 1 (20 oz) of can pineapple.
- You need 1/2 of jalapeno.
- Prepare 1 bag of Tricolor slaw.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of red wine vinegar.
- Prepare of optional:Cilantro, orange zest, ground ginger.
- Prepare of Other.
- Prepare of Buns of choice.
- You need of pickled onion.
One of our favorite jackfruit recipes! Though I've never had ripe jackfruit, it's said to have a sweet flavor akin to other tropical fruits like pineapple and mango. These BBQ Jackfruit Sandwiches feature a meaty mix of jackfruit and chickpeas tossed in spices, garlic, and a bit of BBQ sauce. Pile it all on top of a toasted bun with slaw and dinner is ready!
BBQ jackfruit sandwich with pineapple slaw step by step
- Start by making the jackfruit. Add the tomato paste, water, vinegar, mustard, and maple syrup and seasonings to a small bowl and mix till combined. Add 1 TBSP of oil to a skillet and then add the Jackfruit, sauté till warm. Add in your bbq sauce and toss till combined..
- Next start your slaw, add in all slaw ingredients to a bowl and mix till combined. Add salt and pepper to taste..
- Assemble your dish- take your buns and add a healthy heap of jackfruit and top with slaw on top..
Jackfruit, a tropical fruit native to Asia that resembles pulled pork, is becoming one of the most popular meat alternatives for vegans, vegetarians, and anyone who's looking to lead a healthier lifestyle. Making pulled BBQ jackfruit, however, and satisfies my love for barbequed foods! If you meal prep, take BBQ jackfruit to work for the week as a sandwich, in a bowl, wrap, or BBQ Tempeh Sandwich with Harvest Apple Maple Slaw. Vegan BBQ Pulled Sweet Potato Sandwiches with Pineapple Slaw. Canned jackfruit is godsent, easy to use, and is wasteless!